Educational Psychology Service support to settings
The Educational Psychology Service provides advice to the local authority to support assessments of children and young people's special, educational needs and/or disability for an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment for an EHCP. All schools have a named contact Educational Psychologist who will conduct a School and Educational Psychology Planning Meeting. These meetings are held between the Autumn and Spring half terms. Schools are able to discuss either whole school issues or individual pupils, with parental permission. Special schools receive termly planning meetings. Secondary schools and schools with SSCs can be offered a second meeting later in the academic year.
Further support includes:
• Fortnightly telephone consultation enabling frequent opportunities for schools to access consultation and advice.
• Discussions where a request for an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment is to be made. A request for this can be made directly to your contact EP.
• Critical incident support to schools following incidents or events which are potentially traumatising and/or upsetting for staff and/or pupils.
• The EPS also supports Portage, a home teaching service for children with complex needs identified before they move into an educational setting and delivers
• Delivery of Earlybird and Earlybird plus, a National Autistic Society accredited training programme for parents whose child has received a diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and is of pre-school age.
- Think Carer
- Mental Health
- Sleep Game - New game to help families get a good night's sleep ( An increased number of children are being diagnosed with sleep disorders)
- Learning and Development Gateway
- Early Years support for settings
- Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service (EMTAS)
- EMTAS Online Training Offer
- School Govenors
- Sensory Support
- Personal Assistants (Pa's)
- Chichester College VQS's level 2 courses
- The Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities Core and Essential Service Standards