Examples of the good practice
In West Sussex we are keen to celebrate the work that is underway to support children and young people with SEND.
A range of examples are shown here:
- We have also worked with young people to create a film and a leaflet that explains 'Getting a Social Care Assessment'
Accessiblity - South Downs Leisure Facilities (March 2017)
Edward Bryant Inclusive Good Practice(May 2017)
Hidden Disabilities Programme at Gatwick Airport Navigating your way through a busy airport environment can be a challenging experience, but for passengers & their families with hidden disabilities like dementia & autism, it can often be a daunting task.(February 2017)
Improving Experience for Patients with Autism in General Practice - Healthwatch West Sussex, Autism Support Crawley and Poundhill Medical Group working together to improve GP services for child with additional needs (October, 2016)
Inclusion: Case Study of a Parent Perspective Powerpoint presentation from the SEND Strategy 2016 event.
Parent Involvement in the Local Offer Case Study Camelsdale Primary School (May, 2016)
Parent Roadshow Case Study (October, 2016) Rother Valley SEND Hub
SLIDESHOW of the Preparation for Adulthood Event - June 207
Preparation for Adulthood Event (March 2017) West Sussex County Council
SEND Hub Newsletter (November, 2016)
Therapies in Schools [TIS] Pilot Project The Therapies In Schools (TIS) pilot project has been developed to strengthen and support the relationship between the NHS Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Teams, and the learning curriculum within three special schools. The vision is that the TIS project will enable schools, families and therapists to work in partnership to deliver life learning outcomes that blend the child's educational aspirations with their therapeutic needs.
Working Memory Memory Magic is an intervention designed to help children with working memory difficulties cope better in class. Participants in an action research project to evaluate its effectiveness talk to Alison Thomas about the outcomes
- Strengthening our West Sussex Inclusive Practice through School SEND Partnerships
- Sharing Good Practice Examples of Person Centred Planning
- Sharing your good practice with others
- Person Centred Planning (PCP): MAP Training Videos
- Person Centred Planning (PCP): PATH Training Videos
- Person Centred Planning Tools: Signs of Safety Practice Framework
- Person Centred Planning (PCP): Circle of Friends
- Index for Inclusion (I4I)
- Parent perspective of inclusion