The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted) is responsible for checking, registering and inspecting childcare facilities for children aged 7 and under. Not all childcare settings are required by law to register with Ofsted, but generally all those that provide care and education away from the child’s home for more than three hours per day will need to do so. Settings that are registered must comply with Government guidance about learning, development and care.
Looking for Childcare?
- Social Support and Social Care / Workers
- Early Help (EH) - formerly Integrated Prevention and Earliest Help (IPEH)
- Adoption and Fostering
- Supporting Siblings
- Short Breaks (Social Care)
- Childcare for children with SEND – what you can expect
- 0-5 Childcare
- 5-14 Childcare
- Concerns and complaints about Childcare
- Travel around the UK
- Places to go