Sensory Support for settings
The West Sussex Sensory Support Team works directly with children and their families, pre-schools and schools to support and promote the inclusion of children with sensory needs in a range of settings.
What we do:
• Provide direct support to families and children in the Early Years.
• Liaise with colleagues from Health and Social Care to ensure a joined up approached with parents at the heart of decision making.
• Support schools by providing specialist advice and direct teaching as appropriate.
• Provide specialist technologies on an individual basis for curriculum access.
• Provide specialist advice and reports for Special Educational Needs assessments.
- Think Carer
- Mental Health
- Sleep Game - New game to help families get a good night's sleep ( An increased number of children are being diagnosed with sleep disorders)
- Learning and Development Gateway
- Early Years support for settings
- Educational Psychology Service
- Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service (EMTAS)
- EMTAS Online Training Offer
- School Govenors
- Personal Assistants (Pa's)
- Chichester College VQS's level 2 courses
- The Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities Core and Essential Service Standards