WorkAid - Supported Employment Scheme
The WorkAid scheme aims to match adults with learning disabilities and/or autism with suitable work placements and includes help for employers to get the most from their valuable and productive new employee.
Candidates work through a tailored programme to prepare them for the world of work including skills training, assistance with job applications and supported inductions with employers.
The WorkAid programme empowers individuals by raising their self-confidence, independence and self-esteem while challenging perceptions of disability in the workplace.
See a video below about WorkAid:
Want to find out more information?
- Moving to adult health care
- Further Education
- Pathways to work
- Supported Internships
- Independent Travel Training
- Finding a Disability Confident Employer
- Adult Social Care
- Independent Living
- Inclusion within the community
- National Resources
- Get help at work if you’re disabled or have a health condition (Access to Work Fund)
- Positive and Possible - SEND Employment Support
- Staying Safe, Bullying and Child Sexual Exploitation