Special Support Centres (SSC) in West Sussex
The West Sussex local authority resources special support centres (SSC) in designated mainstream schools in order to meet the needs of pupils who have statements of special educational needs. View the list of SSC here.
On individual entries of services on the Local Offer there is a button 'Local Offer Webpage'. This will take you to the schools SEN Information report.
Map Key Code: Green - Speech & Language; Purple - Physical disabilities & additional needs / sensory / speech & language; Blue - Additional needs; Orange - Social & Communication; and Red - Hearing Impaired; Black with White Star - Special School.
Please note if you are viewing this page on a mobile phone then the map below works best when you hold your phone horizontally.
These special units provide specialist support arrangements which would not otherwise be available in a mainstream school in order to meet the needs of children within reasonable travelling distance of the school.
- SSC additional learning needs
- SSC hearing impairment
- SSC physical disabilities
- SSC social communication difficulties
- SSC speech and language difficulties
- SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Support at school for my child/young person
- Primary Schools
- Secondary Schools
- Special Schools in West Sussex
- Independent and Non Maintained Schools
- School Exclusions
- Worried about school/college
- Compliments, Concerns and Complaints about a school
- Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service Online Support Offer