Annual Review Paperwork / Forms
An Annual Review is a statutory requirement to review the Education, Health and Care Plan to ensure a child/young person is making progress toward their outcomes and receiving the provision in order to meet these.
Below is an animation for parents on the Annual Review process to help understand procedures:
Annual Review documentation for parents, carers and young people:
- Guidance on completing Parent Booklet
- Download the Parent Booklet
- Download the Pupil's Views - Annual Review document
- Download Pupil's Views Resource - Annual Reviews. This resource was created by Amy from the Council For Disabled Children.
Annual Review documentation for educational settings & Elective Home Education:
Further documentation for educational settings:
- Consultation for admission to mainstream settings, click here to view.
- Consultation for admission to special schools/colleges and SSC, click here to view
Within 2 weeks of the meeting you must submit the paperwork online.
Before you begin to submit this information from the Annual Review meeting you will need to make sure you have all the reports/ views available to upload. Please check below for the paperwork you will need according to your type of setting. Once you have started the form there is no mechanism to “save” part way through. The starred parts of the form are mandatory and must be completed. When you have uploaded all the necessary information and pressed submit you will receive an immediate automated acknowledgement.
UPLOAD Annual Review Forms
Our SEND Youth Participation Worker, Rachel, supported the making of a Person Centred Planning Path focussed on getting young people more involved in their EHCP's. The partnership event in Chichester on March 13th brought together professionals from services working with children and young people. See the video that young people made to contribute to the co-production of the Path here:
- Click here to find out more about Youth Voice and how you can take part
- Click here to find out more about Person Centred Planning Path
- Click here to view the SEND Information, Advice and Support Leaflet
If you need help:
If you need practical help with the completion of the Annual Review form please contact the Special Needs Officer for your area.
Examples of good practice
- Report on 'Developing a Person Centred Approach for a young person’s Education Health and Care Plan Annual Review'
- Advocacy and your voice within your EHCP
- Special Educational Needs Assessment Team (SENAT)
- I'm a parent carer: EYPARM Submit your parent views
- I'm a parent carer: Early Years Planning and Review Meetings (EYPARM) - Information and referral form
- Parent Carer or Young Person EHC Needs Assessment (EHCP) forms and paperwork
- Frequently Asked Questions about Education, Health and Care Needs Requests/Assessments/Plans
- Post-16 SEND Transport to school/collegeand Post-19 arrangements for Young Adult Learners with an EHCP
- Personal budgets
- Compliments, Complaints and Comments
- Extension of Tribunal Powers