Annual Review Paperwork / Forms
Page Updated 29th September 2021
An Annual Review is a statutory requirement to review the Education, Health and Care Plan to ensure a child/young person is making progress toward their outcomes and receiving the provision in order to meet these.
To find out more about the Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment and Education Health and Care Plans, please see our frequently asked questions on EHC Needs Assessments and Plans page.
Below is a video for parents on the Annual Review process to help understand procedures:
Annual Review documentation for parents, carers and young people
Annual Review documentation for educational settings & Elective Home Education
Further documentation for educational settings
Within 2 weeks of the meeting you must submit the paperwork online.
Before you begin to submit this information from the Annual Review meeting you will need to make sure you have all the reports/ views available to upload. Please check below for the paperwork you will need according to your type of setting. Once you have started the form there is no mechanism to “save” part way through. The starred parts of the form are mandatory and must be completed. When you have uploaded all the necessary information and pressed submit you will receive an immediate automated acknowledgement.
UPLOAD Annual Review Forms
Annual Review Form for Special Schools and Independent Schools
Our SEND Youth Participation Worker, Rachel, supported the making of a Person Centred Planning Path focussed on getting young people more involved in their EHCP's. The partnership event in Chichester on March 13th brought together professionals from services working with children and young people. See the video that young people made to contribute to the co-production of their Path.
- Find out more about Youth Voice and how you can take part
- Find out more about Person Centred Planning Path
- SEND Information, Advice and Support Annual Review Leaflet
If you need help:
If you need practical help with the completion of the Annual Review form please contact the Special Educational Needs Assessment Team for your area.
The West Sussex SENDIAS Service can offer free impartial guidance and assistance throughout the process.
Examples of good practice
- Report on 'Developing a Person Centred Approach for a young person’s Education Health and Care Plan Annual Review'
- View more examples of good practice.
For more SEND information and news join us on Facebook and Twitter.
- SEND Under 5s
- Educational, Health and Care Needs Assessment Information and Links to Apply
- Frequently Asked Questions about Education, Health and Care Needs Requests/Assessments/Plans
- Post-16 SEND Travel Assistance to school/college and Post-19 arrangements for Young Adult Learners with an EHCP
- Advocacy and your voice within your EHCP
- Extension of Tribunal Powers
- Personal budgets
- Compliments, Complaints and Comments