Finding a Disability Confident Employer
The governments ‘Disability Confident Employer’ scheme replaced ‘Two Ticks’ a couple of years ago and has gained considerable momentum since then. There are three different levels and employers are encouraged to ‘sign up’ and commit to a range of actions. The scheme helps them think differently about disability, and improve how they attract, recruit and retain disabled workers.
More and more businesses are signing up to Disability Confident every week. You can look up the area you are interested in when you download the list of organisations signed up from this webpage.
Your local Job Centre will know the local employers who are part of the scheme and can recommend organisations to you.
- Moving to adult health care
- Further Education
- Pathways to work
- WorkAid - Supported Employment Scheme
- Supported Internships
- Independent Travel Training
- Adult Social Care
- Independent Living
- Inclusion within the community
- National Resources
- Get help at work if you’re disabled or have a health condition (Access to Work Fund)
- Positive and Possible - SEND Employment Support
- Staying Safe, Bullying and Child Sexual Exploitation