Concerns and complaints about Childcare
If you have any concerns regarding the setting, your child’s care or development, you should discuss this in the first instance with the setting. If you are unhappy with their response, all childcare settings should have their own complaints procedure, which you can ask to see so it can be followed. Having followed their complaints procedure if you still have concerns there are a number of other ways in which you can raise these.
• If specifically about the childcare provision you should contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231.
• For financial issues that include Free Entitlement funding you can contact the Family Information Service on 01243 777807 and ask to be transferred to the Specialist Team.
• If the setting wish to exclude your child because they have additional needs and/or a disability, or you feel they are not catering for their specific needs, contact the Family Information Service on 01243 777807. Ask to be transferred to the Specialist Team who will take all the necessary details and refer to an Early Years and Childcare Adviser as appropriate.
- Social Support and Social Care / Workers
- Early Help (EH) - formerly Integrated Prevention and Earliest Help (IPEH)
- Adoption and Fostering
- Supporting Siblings
- Short Breaks (Social Care)
- Childcare for children with SEND – what you can expect
- Registered Childcare
- 0-5 Childcare
- 5-14 Childcare
- Travel around the UK
- Places to go