West Sussex Disability Register
What is the Disability Register?
West Sussex County Council collects information about children and young people age 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) to help plan and deliver their services. The register is maintained by the West Sussex Library Service.
Parents, carers and young people who share their information will be helping the County Council and other local agencies to have a better understanding of the needs of local children, young people and their families.
Who can sign up to the register?
Children and Young people between 0 and 25 years old who have a disability.
By a disability we mean:
How can I, or someone I care for sign up to the register?
You can sign Up for the Disability Register via the West Sussex Your Voice Website
The form can be completed by a parent or carer on behalf of a child or young person, or anyone over the age of 12 can complete the form by themselves with help if needed.
All the information we collect will be stored securely and any information shared will not include names or personal details of individual people, but just general anonymised data.
The form needs to be completed for each person with SEND in a household or family, but it will only take about ten minutes to complete. We will be asking for contact details and information about education, travel, and health (including the name and address of your GP), but we don't need any detailed information.
Are there other benefits to being on the Disability Register?
- Accessibility Strategy
- SEND Strategy 2019 - 2024
- Early Years SEND Consultation 2020
- SEND Pathways to Adulthood Strategy
- Special Provision Capital Fund Plan
- Record of Views of Parent carers and young people gathered at Pathways to Adulthood strategy consultations
- Framework for the Development and Sustainability of Co-Production (coproduction)
- Local Authorities Local Offer: What West Sussex County Council expects education settings to offer (area wide offer)
- Welcome blog: Strategic Co-Production Month in West Sussex 2018 (Coproduction)
- Welcome blog: Strategic Co-production Week in West Sussex 2019