Chalkhill Education Centre (Alternative Provision)
Chalkhill Education Centre provides education to young people who have been admitted to Chalkhill Hospital with emotional and/or mental health difficulties, and those who attend Chalkhill on a day-patient basis. Education Outreach may also be provided.
What we do:
- We encourage all young people admitted to Chalkhill Hospital to attend education with us on a full-time basis as their health or emotional wellbeing permits.
- Students are taught in very small classes in purpose-built classrooms within the hospital building. The majority of students will stay with us for only very short periods before returning home and being able to attend their own schools and colleges.
- We provide education for young people across the age and ability spectrum. CEC acts as a host centre for examinations and so is able to support students who may be too anxious, or too unwell, to return to their own schools to sit their exams.
- Education staff are provided by the West Sussex Alternative Provision College. The team is highly experienced in supporting young people with emotional and/or mental health difficulties.
- All referrals to Chalkhill Hospital are made via Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
Age Range: 11–18
Free to use?
01444 441 805
Chalkhill, Princess Royal Hospital Site,