Equine Partners CIC - Theraputic Horsemanship
You will come and spend time with horses at our stables in Wisborough Green near Billingshurst. You will work 1-1 with one of our trained facilitators. Playing games with the horses, with no riding, you will discover great things about yourself, build strength and find ways to make life work more easily.
We do ask for a contribution towards the cost of caring for the horses. We can offer support if funding is an issue. Please always ask if this would be helpful for you.
What we do:
- Therapeutic horsemanship is for those times when a 1-1 approach is needed. Generally we encourage families to be involved and acknowledge that this is not always appropriate or desired by the young person
- Sessions are designed to use the new skills developed in order to play with the horses and then discover how to use them in other areas of life. The young person will develop emotional regulation, improve their communication skills and enjoy success
- This program can be used to prepare a young person for attending the local agricultural college As they get familiar with the horses they will already have some of the skills they need and so reduce the amount of initial information they have to take in
- We have two facilitators who will be on site during the session. We are trained to a high standard in delivering the Therapeutic Horsemanship programme and horse handling to ensure everyone gets the most out of the session.
- • You can meet the team, both human and horses and see more of what we do on our website www.equine-partners.co.uk. If you would like to play pony pool or pony obstacle course give us a call.
Our users say:
'I would recommend it. Spending time with the horses helps with problems at home and anywhere else. They teach you and show you lots of cool and helpful things that really work'.