Animal Connections - Alternative Provision
Animal Connections is an animal assisted education service based just north of Arundel. We provide individualised, one to one learning for children and young people that might currently need an alternative to mainstream education.
With the help of our range of friendly and amenable small animals, we are able to deliver learning sessions that are fun, engaging and interactive whilst developing confidence and promoting self-esteem.
What we do:
- Working with our ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, tortoise, rats, hamster and skinny pigs and occasionally our friendly house dog, we aim to provide an interesting and interactive program of learning leading to ASDAN accredited awards.
- Sessions can be one hour or two hours and are planned in accordance with the views and choices of the child or young person and in collaboration with parents or carers and involved multi agency persons.
- Staff are qualified education and social care professionals with experience of working with children, young people and younger adults with special educational needs, learning disabilities & those that may struggle in mainstream education.
- A full enhanced DBS certificate is held by all those working in the service and full public liability and professional indemnity insurance is held.
- The site is wheelchair friendly however adaptations may need to be made in poor weather. If you would like more information on our service or to make a referral please give Nikki a call for an informal discussion on what we are able to offer.