Vale Primary School
At Vale Primary School we work to ensure that our pupils become independent learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens. We aim to inspire children in all areas of learning and follow our ethos of Valuing All Learners Equally.
What we do:
- Working with parents/carers: We pride ourselves on the positive relationships we build with parents in all areas of school life, whether they come in as helpers, fundraise though our Friends of the Vale group or become a Parent Governor.
- Inclusion: Valuing each of our pupils as an individual learner is a key part of our practice. We aim to offer the best possible learning experience to all children, regardless of additional needs.
- Provision for children with additional needs: When children join our school we discuss their needs with their parents/carers and spend time getting to know them. We then create a package of support to help the child to thrive.
- Supporting families: Parents/carers of children on our Disability and Special Educational Needs Register are engaged through our termly parents' evenings, as a child's class teacher is the person best placed to support the child.
- Supporting families: Parents/carers of children on our Disability and Special Educational Needs Register are also welcome to request meetings with the Special Educational Needs Coordinator and the DSEN Team.
Our users say:
I never thought my child would cope in mainstream school. I panicked when he started, but the Vale have supported us from preschool right through to Year 4. We are now working together to make sure he gets the support he needs for his secondary schooling.