Careers Team West Sussex County Council
Our careers Team can provide information, advice, guidance and support if you live in West Sussex and are aged 16 to 25 and aren't in education, employment or training. We can also help if you are working fewer than 16 hours a week or studying part-time and are not on a full-time course. We can help you think about next steps, recognise your skills, strengths and ambitions, find out about opportunities, including education, apprenticeships, employment, traineeships, training and volunteering.
What we do:
- We can meet you at a local Finditout centre, Children and Family Centre or library or in the community. We can also visit you at home if there is an adult present.
- We provide job hunting support including creating a CV , preparation for interviews and interview practice, search for jobs and complete application forms
- We can advise you of further education opportunities including re-engagement courses and support you to re-enter education
- We can provide support in finding and applying for apprenticeship opportunities.
- We can work with you to develop a plan to help you achieve your career goals and keep on track with that plan.
Our users say:
I never thought I'd get a job in blacksmithing but thanks to Alex from the Careers Team I’m fulfilling my dream as an apprentice blacksmith”“I was worried about going to a big college but I was supported to find a small training provider "