Guide Dogs Children's Services
We’re here to help people with sight loss live the life they choose. Children and adults. Friends and family. Parents and professionals. Whoever you are, our expert staff, volunteers and life-changing dogs are here to help you. We’re here to give advice and emotional support from the moment your child is diagnosed with a vision impairment. Our team of experts has many years of experience working with children and their families, and can introduce you to a range of services to help you.
What we do:
- Education support & CustomEyes books: our specialist team can offer independent and tailored advice to help your child receive all the educational support they are entitled to. We can produce books in large-print, tailor-made to suit your child.
- Technology advice service, including grants: our grants help cover the cost of sensory equipment and assistive technology.
- Life skills: we’re here to help your child learn and practise tasks that are important to daily life, confidently and safely.
- Early diagnosis family support & family events: our specialist team can offer information, advice and guidance from the early stages following diagnosis. Every year we host a UK-wide programme of family activity days.
- Guide Dogs & Buddy Dogs: a guide dog could give your child the confidence to get out and about safely. Our buddy dogs bring a canine friend into the lives of children with sight loss.