Kangaroos (Short Breaks Provider)
Kangaroos provide short breaks for children and young people with learning disabilities, complex needs, autism, behavioural and epilepsy to have fun, interact with their peers, learn new skills and enjoy new experiences independently of their families.
Staff and volunteers all receive regular training in Safeguarding, First Aid, Team Teach, Complex Needs plus Makaton.
What we do:
- MONDAY: AllSports (Ages 8-14) - After School Sport Club at Woodlands Meed School, Burgess Hill.
- TUESDAY: TeenScene (Ages 12-17) - Youth Club at Cherry Tree Centre, Burgess Hill and Youth Club (Ages 18+) at The Yews Community Centre, Boltro Road, Hayward
- Thursday - Champions (Ages 8-14) - After school Activities Club at The Yews, Haywards Heath.
- Saturdays and School Holidays - PALS for ages 6-12, BREAKAWAY for 12-18 and STARS 6 -17 for those with Complex needs, offering fun inhouse activities, trips out and residentials
- Various times - evenings, weekends and holidays - No Limits (Ages 18+) Social and recreational programme for young adults.
Our users say:
This has been my son’s first summer at Kangaroos, and it couldn't have been a better summer for him. I would never have dreamed of such a wonderful club before. It means the world for him !
Age Range: 0–30
Free to use?
01444 459 108
41-43 Boltro Road,