Kangaroos (Short Breaks Provider)
Kangaroos provide short breaks for children and young people with learning disabilities, complex needs, autism, behavioural and epilepsy to have fun, interact with their peers, learn new skills and enjoy new experiences independently of their families.
Staff and volunteers all receive regular training in Safeguarding, First Aid, Team Teach, Complex Needs and Manual Handling.
What we do:
- Saturdays and School Holidays clubs offering fun inhouse activities, trips out and residentials PALS for ages 6-12, BREAKAWAY ages 12-18 STARS ages 6 -17 for those with Complex needs and limited mobility
- MONDAY: AllSports (Ages 8-14) - After School Sport Club at Woodlands Meed School, Burgess Hill. TUESDAY: TeenScene (Ages 12-17) - Youth Club at Cherry Tree Centre, Burgess Hill and Youth Club (Ages 18+) at The Yews Community Centre, Haywards Heath
- THURSDAY - Champions (Ages 8-14) - After school Activities Club at The Yews, Haywards Heath.
- Family Days for the whole family including coach trips, theatre trips, bowling and fun days. 0-5 Play and Stay sessions
- No Limits (Ages 18+) Social and recreational programme for young adults at various times - evenings, weekends and holidays Youth Club 18-25 and Social Club 25+ on alternate TUESDAYS at The Yews Community Centre, Haywards Heath
Our users say:
This has been my son’s first summer at Kangaroos, and it couldn't have been a better summer for him. I would never have dreamed of such a wonderful club before. It means the world for him !
Age Range: 0–30
Free to use?
01444 459 108
7 & 8 More House Farm Business Centre,