East Preston Infant School
East Preston Infant School is a mainstream setting. Our vision is to make learning fun and inspiring, helping children to develop a thirst for knowledge and an enquiring mind in a world that is rapidly changing.
What we do:
- Support in mainstream classes. Our school strives to provide an engaging and exciting curriculum for all children. Each child’s class teacher will plan for the variety of needs in the classroom.
- Additional Provision. A further level of provision may involve your child working individually or in small groups outside the classroom. External support services help us identify, assess and make provision for children with special education needs.
- Working with other schools. Our school is part of the Angmering Locality Group of Schools who work collaboratively to ensure best practice and a common approach is in place. We are part of the Angmering ASCEND SEND Hub through which we share good practice
- Working with parents. We collaborate and meet with parents regularly to assess children’s progress and the impact of any additional support and resources.
- Our team of staff. Alongside class teachers, there are 6 Teaching Assistants, a Reading Recovery teacher, and 6 Learning Support Assistants with experience to support children with additional needs.