Albion in the Community (AITC) (Short Break Provider)
Our disability department at Albion in the Community has been running our award-winning disability programme since 1997. We are now the largest provider of disability football in Sussex - giving more people than ever the chance to take part in both fun and competitive sport.
Albion in the Community is a Short Break provider
What we do:
- Albion in the Community provides disability football sessions for players age 5 to adult to develop their football and team building skills. This includes a range of programmes from pan-disability (fully inclusive) to disability specific sessions.
- Every player has the opportunity to participate in local level competition. AITC also ensures there are performance pathways for players all the way through to international levels. We also operate a number of teams who compete in national leagues.
- Our inclusive sessions are for all with a disability. They are a development and fun session open to all. There is many local clubs ranging from, Eastbourne, Worthing, Horsham, Brighton, Burgess hill and Chichester
- The disability specific session are there for players to play on a level playing field. We have really taken off our disability specific session. We have a wide range such as Learning disability, Downs syndrome, Autism, Deaf, Cerebral Palsy
- Albion in the Community are proud to deliver awareness training to help break down barriers and look at disability sport in a positive and practical way. Using specialist equipment and fun games we cover terminology, communication and basic sign language.
Our users say:
"Albion in the Community have given me the chance to be part of a team, I feel proud when my family watch me"