Learning and Behaviour Advisory Team (LBAT)
LBAT work directly with WSCC maintained Mainstream schools and Academies offering consultation and training in all areas relating to learning and behaviour where difficulties in these areas may be impacting on pupils making progress in school. Advisory Teachers hold caseloads of schools and offer termly visits to discuss individual pupils who are mostly on the school’s special educational needs register and may be in receipt of PPG. Referrals can only be made by schools.
What we do:
- The Consultation and Review Meeting (CARM) is the first tier of support provided and several pupils can be discussed at this meeting. An Individual Consultation for a pupil provides a more in-depth discussion and can take place at least 6 weeks later.
- Strategies for all pupils discussed are tailored to suit the individual’s needs with consideration to what is appropriate and possible within school resources. Interventions recommended for both learning and behaviour are evidence-based.
- LBAT's training packages for schools include understanding behaviour, ADHD, dyslexia, reading, writing, spelling and maths. The team manage the county’s positive handling training (Team Teach) and run bespoke packages on Down's Syndrome.
- Further information, guidance, resources and the referral form for schools can be found on the West Sussex Services for Schools page.
- The service is delivered through both face to face and remote meetings.
Our users say:
I wanted to pass on both our thanks and praise for the De-escalation training which Roshni and Kate delivered... ourTAs were very appreciative. Lots of useful strategies which they will put into practice. The best thing was it was meaningful to the staff.