Action Against Bullying, WSCC Young Peoples Service
This service provides a package of interventions to support young people who are victims or perpetrators of bullying and who need help to deal effectively with issues around bullying behaviour; it is designed to enable and build personal resilience.
What we do:
- Support line: A telephone service designed for young people, parents/carers and professionals to use when bullying issues are an area of concern; the agent will disucss the issues and will either signpost or refer onto the Action Against Bullying team
- One to one intensive support: An allocated professional youth worker will work individually with young people to identify issues and develop their abilities to deal with bullying behaviour and enable them to manage themselves when faced with bullying
- Targeted group intervention: Young people will be part of a 'Brakes' course of no-more than 8 participants, this is led by a professional youth worker with a focus on resilience and developing coping strategies to enable them to deal with bullying
- YourSpace: Young person's website designed to provide a large range of advice and guidance on various topics including bullying; parents/carers can also use this website to help with issues around young people and is a great source of general information
- Request for Service: you can request a service via the support line or direct via the yourspace website and complete a request for service form and submit; a screening process will take place and an approrpaite intervention will be offered