Equine Partners CIC - Alternative Provision
Our alternative provision service provides 1-1 sessions for young people. Based at Wisborough Green just outside Billingshurst we provide tailored sessions to meet the young persons specific requirements and learning outcomes. Working with the horses and learning to care for them will develop many transferable skills, which we will encourage the young person to use in other environments as well. We encourage parents or carers to stay on site and support the young person in their learning.
What we do:
- We provide Therapeutic Horsemanship to those who find school difficult. Playing with horses on the ground they will have fun and learn some new ways to think about things. We make sure that the participants experience a feeling of success.
- For our alternative learning provision we will offer as many sessions as required by the referring school. Sessions can be one or two hours long and are delivered during the school day. The young person will need to be brought to us.
- We use the process of learning skills with the horses to develop transferable skills such as emotional regulation. A key to our work is for the young person to begin to feel successful in one area of their lives and so begin to try other new things.
- We always have two facilitators on site . We are trained to a high standard both in delivering our Therapeutic Horsemanship program and horse handling to ensure everyone gets the most out of the session.
- You can meet the team, both human and horses and see more of what we do on our website www.equine-partners.co.uk. If you would like to play pony pool or pony obstacle course give us a call.
Our users say:
•'I would recommend it. Spending time with the horses helps with problems at home and anywhere else. They teach you and show you lots of cool and helpful things that really work'.