Whytemead Primary School
Whytemead is a small, friendly, creative and nurturing school. Our teachers work closely together as year group teams, planning challenging and fun learning opportunities for all children. We will be growing and changing together on our journey to becoming a primary school, with children at the centre of everything we do. Our 4 key principles are; achievement, creativity, citizenship and healthy living. These underpin our vision statement that at Whytemead we are ‘Growing Minds’.
What we do:
- Parent partnership is vital to our school and through regular meetings we aim to foster and maintain good communication and proactive relationships with our families. We listen carefully to their views and needs and support in all areas.
- Regular training is available for staff including ‘In house’ training opportunities. We have trained speech and language, phonics and numeracy specialists.
- We have a professional relationship with a range of outside agencies and services, including speech therapists, social and communication team, EAL team and links with social services, community police and educational welfare. We also employ a play thera
- Our staff have high expectations of every child, planning and teaching lessons that actively involve, interest and engage all children. Every child is an individual and support will be differentiated to meet their needs. We ensure that all children have
- We are a ‘Rights Respecting School’ and all children feel safe and secure in our environment. Our behaviour expectations are high and all children are encouraged to show respect to each other.