Blatchington Court Trust
Blatchington Court Trust is an independent, impartial charity working to promote the education of visually impaired young people, under the age of 30, living in East and West Sussex and Brighton & Hove. The Trust is based in Hove Park Villas just north of Hove station and provides office space and meeting rooms for other VI organisations. The aim of the Trust is to complement rather than duplicate services provided by Local Authorities.
What we do:
- The Trust provides information about visual impairment and SEN, and support and advocacy for parents/carers.
- The Trust has a specialist counsellor who works with visually impaired young people.
- Families can apply to the Trust for equipment and software for home use which is supplied by its technical/ICT service who will also provide ICT support.
- A consultant can provide advice on benefits
- The Trust organises social events for VI young people and their families, in conjunction with Action for Blind People and Look Sussex.
Our users say:
I can’t thank Blatchington Court Trust enough for their fantastic support over the years. A huge thank you to BCT, for their constant practical, emotional support, and continued financial support.