Suzie Songtime Sings and Signs
Music, movement and signing sessions for children with additional needs and their families. A fun-filled hour of song, rhyme and sign language, movement and dancing. We use props, puppets and musical instruments, bubbles and lots lots more! Through music, our activities promote development in motor skills such as rhythm and movement and encourage the development of communication and social skills, allowing both verbal and non-verbal children to develop in confidence.
What we do:
- Our sessions are structured, with a balanced selection of different types of songs and activities to develop a range of skill sets as well as to maintain variety and excitement, with the opportunity for free expressive dance at the end of each session.
- Carers are expected to stay to support their child and we welcome siblings to join in too. We are also available to run sessions during the week in schools and nurseries.
- Suzie was professionally trained at The Arts Educational School, London, and has 18yrs experience as a singer, dancer and actress starring in musicals, commercials and more. She has brought Suzie Songtime to the local community for the past 12yrs.
- Clare is a qualified teacher, a parent of a child with special needs and has had training in Makaton to advanced professional level.
- We ensure that our venues are fully accessible and endeavour to make any adaptations necessary to ensure the inclusion and enjoyment of every individual.
Our users say:
“My three children have grown up with Suzie Songtime, but since Fergus has started school, he has not been able to attend this fantastic session, so we are really pleased that he can continue to smile and giggle along with Suzie!” Gail Bedding