Information, advice, support and promoting linking for parents to other parents, support groups and parent carer forums Contact a Family provides information, advice and support to families caring for children and young people with disabilities or additional needs. We have up to date information on local services and sources of support for families with disabled children.
We support families with disabled children, no matter what their condition or disability.
What we do:
- free information workshops for groups of parent carers including coping and support, behaviour that challenges us, helping your child to sleep, transition from adult to child services and information about benefits.
- Information guides on everyday living such as financial help and benefits, accessing help and support, play and leisure activities for families and education, health and social care services.
- • free information sessions for professionals working with families with disabled children • Ways to meet other local parents through support groups, meetings, workshops and events.
- • resources for professionals, to help them point families to local services • advice, information and how to access local support is provided by our helpline
- Local information on local services.