FarmBuddies, a Social Enterprise, arranges for accompanied individuals or small groups to visit farms in the local area one day a week to do a variety of regular farm jobs under farmer supervision, including animal care, according to age, choice and ability. Farmbuddies provide information and find the farm for you without charge but you do have to pay the farmer for his time, if visits commence.
What we do:
- A fast and easy way to find a local farm to visit suited to your individual additional need(s). You will work with the farmer on jobs according to age, choice and ability.
- Selected farms have, in most cases, experience and training in providing interesting and varied activity programmes or areas for quite reflection if preferred. The emphasis is on social interaction and abilities rather than commercial productivity.
- Anybody with a mild or moderate additional need of any age from 9 to 90 can gain confidence, self-esteem, work skills, knowledge and health benefits in a relaxed setting.
- The usual programme is one day (10am-3pm) a week for a minimum of 12 weeks to optimise lasting outcomes. We have initiated over 1500 Individual Day Places across the South East region working with Local Authorities, charities and Parents/Carers.
- All your questions answered on farming as an activity and we accompany you to introduce the farmer.
Our users say:
"The time I have spent here has shown me that I can do anything I put my mind to, I have gained so much confidence, I will always remember my time here"