Inclusive communication therapy
The aim of the 1:1 sessions is to focus on an area your child/young person needs support. I will work on communication, using a range of techniques; fine and gross motor skills or we can follow the rebound therapy program. Sessions are carried out to ensure that they are fun and feedback is provided through written sheets, emails and photos or videos are shared.
What we do:
- I am an experienced SEND teacher and I am trained in sensory processing, multi sensory impairments, rebound therapy, Makaton, PECS, intensive interaction and a range of communication aids.
- I offer one to one sessions for 25-30 minutes, focusing on areas as agreed with parents, delivered through play to encourage participation and enjoyment.
- I work to develop fine and gross motor skills and develop communication skills using a range of approaches including; intensive interaction, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and Makaton.
- I help parents to develop communication at home and provide ideas to support behaviour management. If required I will liaise with your child/young person‛s class teacher to ensure shared working practices.
- Sessions are wheelchair friendly. They are available at Telescombe Cliffs: Thursdays 5pm onwards and Friday 9-4pm and at Shoreham Rope Tackle: Saturday 11-3pm
Our users say:
Sam looks forward to his intensive interaction sessions and it has improved both his social and communication skills. Gemma brings a wealth of experience and has a real passion for this work. We feel Sam (and us) benefit from this. Darren and Rachel.