Information, Advice and Support Service (SEND IAS) - formerly known as Parent Partnership
The West Sussex SEND Information, Advice and Support Service provides impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of children who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.
What we do:
- A confidential helpline during the hours of 9am-4pm
- The service aims to encourage partnership between parents, their child’s school, the Local Authority and other agencies.
- We provide advice and support on the special educational needs (SEN) process, statutory assessments and statements or Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) annual reviews, appeals and tribunals.
- From January 2016, our remit has widened to young people who would also like support to express their views, wishes and aspirations. Either ring the helpline and ask to speak to a Young Person Adviser, or email us on email@example.com
- We can offer support at any school meeting that is focusing on the child/young person’s educational needs, and also at other relevant meetings where possible. We also deliver training & guidance for education professionals on communicating with parents
Our users say:
“I cannot thank you enough for all the work you have put in to help us and the hours you have spent with us. I just wanted you to know that your help has helped turn *******’s life around and for that we will be forever grateful to you.”