SENDIAS - Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service
The West Sussex SEND Information, Advice and Support Service provides impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of children who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.
What we do:
- A confidential helpline: Monday to Friday during the hours of 9am-4pm. The service aims to encourage partnership between parents, their child’s school, the Local Authority and other agencies.
- We provide information and advice related to law and national guidance on special educational needs, including SEN support, Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment and Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP), annual reviews, appeals and tribunals.
- We also support young people who would like help to express their views, wishes and aspirations. Either ring the helpline and ask to speak to a Young Person Adviser, or email us on [email protected]
- We endeavour to empower parent carers within their own situation using information, advice and guidance documents. However, please do let us know if you have additional needs and need extra support to access or understand the information.
- We also deliver training & guidance for education professionals on communicating with parents
Our users say:
"I appreciated how understanding you were of my query and that the response was detailed and insightful giving me a view of the bigger picture and where I am within the system."