Children's Deaf Service
Children’s Deaf Services is part of the Choice Team within the Child Disability Service. We work directly with deaf and hearing impaired children, their families and with the professionals who work with them.
Referrals to the service for home technology equipment can be made by families and professionals (with families permission) via the Child Disability Team Children’s. To contact the disability team you must go through MASH by calling 01403229900.
What we do:
- An assessment and provision of specialist home technology equipment for deaf children and their families, to ensure safety and improved communication.
- Signposting to local and national support and information services.
- Deaf awareness information and support to individuals and professionals working with deaf and hearing impaired children.
- Short term targeted work with deaf children and their families to support improved communication, independence and confidence.
- Attendance at Springboard pre-school groups for deaf children and their families in Bognor Regis, Crawley and Burgess Hill. These groups enable parents of pre-school children with hearing impairments to meet together, support each other and learn.