Hate Incident Support Service (HISS), West Sussex
The West Sussex Hate Incident Support Service supports children and adults affected by hate incidents and crime under the following 5 Strands - * Racial * Disability * Religious/Faith * Sexual orientation * Gender Identity * We provide free and confidential emotional, practical, and advocacy support. We aim to raise awareness about Hate Crime within the community and are able to hold talks and presentations (Free of cost) to schools, youth clubs and other organisations
What we do:
- We can offer support via Email, Phone, or Face-to-Face contact
- We support people who believe they are being targeted due to prejudice or discrimination.
- We take referrals from schools, the police, organisations, or the affected victim/their parent or guardian.
- Our Project Workers are specially trained in understanding the impact of Hate Crime.
- If you wish to do a Self Referral there is a form on the West Sussex County Council Website. https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/fire-emergencies-and-crime/report-problems-in-your-area/hate-incident-reporting-form-victim/
Our users say:
"When I spoke the support worker, I felt emotionally lighter, I was pleased to know Victim Support is there to help people." "Brilliant service"