Our Youth Voice Group, 'pop up' events and Young Voices 4 You project , are all about young peoples' voices being heard and shaping the future for special educational needs and disability in West Sussex. West Sussex County Council want to work with young people to make services better. You can have your say, meet new people, make a difference , get new experiences and skills, and build on your CV. We are for young people with lots of different skills, abilities and talents!
What we do:
- Regular meetings every half term. The meetings swop venues between Bognor and Horsham, to cover a larger area of the county. We also do fun events where young people can get their views and ideas heard about the services they use.
- Our meetings and events are fun, engaging and support young people with SEND to have their say. All activities are free. Friends, brothers and sisters are also welcome to come along.
- Places in our regular groups are limited so please contact us if you are interested, as you do need to book. Our 'pop up' events are drop-ins and anyone can turn up. Please check the calendar for future pop ups.
- Events and groups are informal and are held at fully accessible youth centres or libraries. We welcome young people with more complex communication needs. PECS , Makaton and visual communication methods are used where this suits group members best.
- Sessions and events include arts activities and games so young people can communicate their views in a relaxed atmosphere. We also offer the chance to meet the people making the big decisions in West Sussex and represent young people as an Ambassador.
Our users say:
'Amazing day!'- Young person '‘Young people’s voice helped ...to give real examples of the young people we were talking about as well as examples of views.’ Professional