Young Voices youth voice projects
We are all about young people having a say in a creative way, using your own unique strengths and talents, and building your confidence to get yourself heard.
Our projects help to shape services for young people with special educational needs and disabilities in West Sussex and are a great way to meet new people, develop your skills, share what is important to you, and show what you can achieve. We are inclusive of all, and don't have 'eligibility criteria' for taking part.
What we do:
- Sign up to get our monthly e-newsletter and find out what's on including online Zoom creative and crafts sessions, sensory play and stories, quizzes, polls, and online projects. Gradually returning to a blend of online and face to face.
- All activities are free. Friends, brothers and sisters are also welcome to come along.
- You do need to register to take part in our events and projects . Just click here to sign up online or find out more https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/young-voices
- Events and groups are informal and accessible . We welcome young people with more complex communication needs. PECS , Makaton and visual communication methods are used where this suits group members best. You don't need a 'label', all welcome!
- Sessions and events include arts activities and games so young people can communicate their views in a relaxed and creative atmosphere. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills further and represent young people as a Youth Ambassador.
Our users say:
'Amazing day!'- Young person '‘Young people’s voice helped ...to give real examples of the young people we were talking about as well as examples of views.’ Professional