Family Information Service (FIS)
FIS has a searchable website which can be used to find universal services aimed at parents and carers of 0 to 25 year olds. We provide information on Ofsted registered childcare, family activities and support services. We also offer extra help to people who are struggling to find suitable childcare.
FIS is the only authorised service to receive daily updates from Ofsted, who are responsible for childcare registration. This means our childcare information is as up-to-date as it can possibly be.
What we do:
- We deal with all aspects of Free Entitlement funding (free childcare) for eligible 2 year olds and all 3 and 4 year olds, including 30 hours Free Childcare.
- Provide information about your local Children and Family Centre and Find It Out Centre, and the services that they run (including sensory toys and equipment).
- Provide information on becoming a childminder, setting up a nursery, or other childcare provision.
- You can access our service face to face at your local Children and Family Centre or Find It Out Centre.
- We can produce information in large print, braille or audio on request.