Rainbow Trust Childrens Charity (National)
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity supports seriously ill children and their families in the family home and local community. Families who have a child or young person up to the age of 18 with a life threatening or terminal condition (e.g. cancer, some neurological conditions, babies in neonatal intensive care) are eligible and referrals can come from any source.
We enable families to manage and make the most of everyday life; providing expert, practical and emotional support.
What we do:
- Rainbow Trust pairs each family with a dedicated expert Family Support Worker. Services are tailored to the individual needs of each family member. Families have complete choice about the type of support they receive - wherever and whenever they need it.
- Support is provided in the home and community. It can include short breaks from caring, family activity days, drop-in groups, support with hospital visits, including transport to and from appointments, support for siblings and bereavement support.
- Support is generally available from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm, frequency and duration depending on family choice and needs. Rainbow Trust operates a 24-hour service for families in crisis, and the possibility of extended hours of family support
- Referrals to Christina Cahill, Family Support Manager, tel 01372 220 111, email [email protected] Anyone can refer (a family member, friend, health, education or social care professional) provided consent from the family has been given.
- Rainbow Trust runs a monthly Family Support Group for families receiving a service from us at The Olive Tree Cancer Support Centre at Crawley Hospital in addition to family activity days. For more info, please contact Christina Cahill.
Our users say:
“You can’t take the [Rainbow Trust’s] support for granted. It was such a huge help and I am hugely grateful, it’s been amazing and it’s difficult to put into words. I find it hard to ask for help but [our family support worker] has been brilliant..."