Rape Crisis Surrey & Sussex
We provide free, independent and specialist support to women and girls (aged 13+) who have experienced any form of sexual abuse at any time in their lives. We listen to, believe and are non judgemental. We provide a range of services to empower and support women and girls to understand and recover from their experience.
We are a member of Rape Crisis England and Wales and an accredited British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy centre.
What we do:
- Counselling provided by specialist sexual violence therapists: weekly 1-1 sessions for up to a year. Our therapists are fully qualified and have undertaken accredited sexual violence training
- Advocacy support: Independent Sexual Violence Advocacy to support women and girls who are thinking about or have reported to the police
- Outreach support to women and girls who cannot access our centre. This includes, but is not limited to: women involved in offending, sex work, homelessness
- FGM support group and awareness raising work for women affected by Female Genital Mutilation
- Training and prevention: training and prevention workshops for professionals, young people on the impact of sexual violence, consent and health relationships
Our users say:
“I now feel optimistic about my future, I feel like I am becoming in control of my life again.” “I went from shocked and scared to feeling openly positive and better about myself.” "Having an outsider to open up to made all the difference.”