Expert Parent Programme - Getting the most from working with health professionals for your child
Expert Parent Programme helps parents understand the (health) system better and benefit more from the services their children use. Parents will acquire skills and knowledge to navigate and manage the health system for their child, empowering them to make it work more effectively for their needs. Skills learnt are life-long and transferable!
**This training is provided by the West Sussex Parent Carer Forum. View the leaflet for more info
What we do:
- The Expert Parent programme has 3 parts: an interactive fun face-to-face workshop, on-line learning modules and many resources. The workshop covers person-centred approaches, unique knowledge of your child, being clear on outcomes and legal rights
- Also covered is understanding the local system, who's who and how they help, needs Vs rights, working effectively with professionals and getting the most out of the health system. Giving power feedback or complaining, and build effective partnerships.
- We provide 3 different workshops; a core workshop covering all above, a workshop focusing on children and young people who have might use mental health services (CAMHS) and a workshop specific for children with LD/ASC and behaviour that is challenging.
- Expert Parent Programme was developed by parent carers and NHS England professionals working together. The national programme is looked after by Council for Disabled Children and delivered locally by an accredited team of parent carers .
- West Sussex Parent Carer Forum deliver these workshops across county to equip and empower parents and help them engage with all professionals they work with. WSPCF are always happy to deliver a bespoke workshop to suit your group including professionals