Barnardo's Moving Forward Project West Sussex (Short Breaks provider)
Barnardo’s Moving Forward Project is working with West Sussex Short Breaks to offer fun and inspiring life skills activities for young people aged 12-18 years old who have a disability or learning difficulty living in West Sussex.
What we do:
- Fun days out with a twist comprise of different days out with a different life skills focus. The service will support young people in becoming more independent, build their confidence and expand their social circle whilst having fun.
- Sessions are either 3 hours or 6 hours long and take place across West Sussex.
- Staff will support young people to explore and develop these life skills within a safe environment.
- Staff have over 15 years combined experience of working with young people who have a variety of disabilities or learning difficulties. Staff are DBS checked and are trained in basic and epileptic fist aid as well as all mandatory training.
- Barnardo's Moving Forward project uses venues that are accessible to all with allocated parking for parents to drop and collect their young people. Staff are trained in alternative communication aids such as Makaton, PECS and POD books.
Our users say:
My daughter absolutely loves going to Moving Forward. The topics covered are current for today's world and have included travel training, hygiene, drugs and alcohol awareness, recycling and where our food comes from. Staff at Barnardo’s are brilliant.
Age Range: 12–18
Free to use?
Requires an application to be completed
01293 610 692
Barnardo's Moving Forward Project- South East & Anglia Regional Office,
Unit 1, Satellite Business Village, Fleming Way,