SwimAbility (Swimming Lessons/Club)
We provide swimming lessons and safety skills for babies, toddlers and young children with disabilities and/or special needs at a lovely warm private swimming pool in Horsham.
What we do:
- Our swim sessions are for pre school babies and toddlers or home schooled children. Parents/carers come in the water with the babies/toddlers. There is usually no more than 4 children per class and often there will be two teachers in each session.
- The sessions are aimed at the children being happy in the water and learning crucial water safety and swimming skills to stay safe. The pace of the lessons will be determined by the children and their needs.
- The pool water temperature is 33 to 34 degrees; this creates a lovely, warm environment in which children will enjoy earning to swim. The pool setting is very calm and quiet with no other lessons taking place at the same time. There is ample parking.
- The lessons run on a Tuesday and Thursday 1230-2.30pm and last for half and hour. Contact us for a chat about availability and costs and how we can best help your child to enjoy the water.
- The teachers are ASA/STA qualified to level 2, with baby and pre-school certificates and experience in special needs swimming.
Our users say:
'..the most successful and enjoyable swimming experience we’ve ever had. I would highly recommend them to anyone with a SEN child who struggles with public pools. The difference the right environment and teachers for SEN children is indescribable'