Alternative Provision College West Sussex
WSAPC provides education to those pupils who have been permanently excluded from school and those who cannot attend their own schools for medical reasons.
We also support referrals for pupils at significant risk of permanent exclusion from school. Please see further information about exclusion on the Education and SEN Support page.
What we do:
- We aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum, in small educational settings, to support children and young people who have had significant behavioural difficulties in school, or who have serious medical conditions, to reach their full potential.
- WSAPC has centres for pupils to attend in Chichester, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Burgess Hill and Crawley. For those pupils who are too ill to attend school, WSAPC has a Blended Learning Team that can support distance learning at home.
- Our aim, whenever possible, is to reintegrate children and young people to schools or other appropriate long-term educational settings.
- We have a Continuous Professional Development programme for staff and are recognised as being 'Autism Aware', 'Dyslexia Friendly' and 'Communication Friendly'.
- All admissions to WSAPC are referred via the West Sussex Alternative Learning Team and we cannot accept direct referrals to the College.
Our users say:
APC has been a life saver to my son and our family, he was at rock bottom but they took him, nurtured him and helped him grow in confidence, we are so grateful to all the staff.