✚ Subsidised Short Breaks for Disabled Children and Young People
Every child and young person has the right to take part fully in the world around them and to enjoy the same experiences as everyone else. Crossroads Care South Central based in West Sussex is on hand to give short breaks to disabled children and young people aged 0-18 and enable them to do what they want to do. The cost of this service subsidised by West Sussex County Council is just £12.50 per session for up to 4 hours.
What we do:
- Crossroads Care South Central will meet the disabled child or young person along with their parents and carers at home to talk about what is wanted.
- Then a service will be individually designed for anyone who is in receipt of, or eligible to receive, Disability Living Allowance at the medium or high rates.
- This time for short breaks will give support for up to four hours per week.
- Activities can include such things as visits to places, creative activities, sports, hobbies and social meetings with friends.
- Crossroads Care South Central employ age appropriate staff who are then fully trained in all aspects of practical care and hold a current DBS (formerly known as a CRB) at Enhanced level.