National Autistic Campaign - Too Much Information
The National Autistic film in their Too Much Information campaign, starring Saskia Lupin, focuses on the impact unexpected changes can have on autistic people.
"More than 1 in 100 people are on the autism spectrum - that’s around 700,000 people in the UK. Being autistic means seeing, hearing and feeling the world in a different, often more intense way to other people. Autistic people often find social situations difficult and may struggle to filter out the sounds, smells, sights and information they experience, which can leave them feeling overwhelmed, particularly in busy public places.
There are many ways you can help stop an autistic person from feeling overwhelmed on public transport with our top tips."
Find out how you can help
There are plenty of ways you can help reduce the overload for autistic people. Small changes can make a big difference. Make a pledge now to see how you can help.
- Communication and Interaction in the Early Years
- Communication and Interaction – SLCN in Schools
- Communication and Interaction Post-16
- Autism Friendly Classrooms by David Burns
- Autism: Ideas/Strategies that may Support Inclusion by Simon and Kim Smith
- Three golden rules for supporting autistic pupils