1. Young Carers: support for siblings caring for their brother(s) and sister(s)
Support for young people with physical, practical or emotional caring responsibilities at home. A sibling young carer is a child or young person under 18 who takes on caring responsibilities at home because their brother or sister has a disability, has been ill for a long time, has a learning disability or has a problem linked to drugs or alcohol.
What we do:
- Provide specialist young carer assessments and information, advice and support for parents
- Advocacy and co-ordination of support with different agencies
- Counselling/play therapy for the young carer
- Local young carer groups, regular activity days and time out with groups of young carers, help to access activities and clubs in local areas
- Events and networks for young carers who are 16+