Childrens Speech and Language Therapy Service (Chichester and Worthing), West Sussex (SALT)
Our Speech and Language Therapy Team support children and young people in West Sussex with speech, language and communication difficulties (and/or feeding and swallowing difficulties).
What we do:
- Our Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) are experienced in working with parents/ carers and other professionals to assess a child's speech, language and communication difficulties and the impact of these difficulties on the child.
- Where appropriate, we will agree a programme of support jointly with parents/ carers. The SLTs and/or SALTAs will work face to face or where appropriate through the wider workforce (schools or pre-school settings) to deliver the programme of intervention.
- The SLT team work with children in a variety of locations including health clinics, Child Development Centres, Children and Family Centres, schools (including special schools), pre-school settings and children's homes.
- The Services will be available to families, children and young people who are registered with a West Sussex GP practice and attend a West Sussex maintained school or are being home educated (EHE).
- All Sussex Community NHS Trust staff are required to complete a comprehensive statutory and mandatory training programme as well as continuing professional development as a requirement of their professional registration.
Our users say:
Great in all aspects, reassuring, informative, friendly and pragmatic. Excellent all round.
Age Range: 0–16
Free to use?
01273 265 953
01273 696 011 Email this service
Read MoreWebsite Twitter Facebook
For more information, and to read about how to access this service, visit:Local Offer webpage
Unit 3 The Quadrant,
Brighton General Hospital, Elm Grove,