Chanctonbury Community Play Scheme (Short Break Provider)
CCPS is summer holiday 10am-4pm weekday play scheme operating in the south of West Sussex for children with statements/EHCPs between the ages of 4-19. We are a registered CIO and work on the basis of providing fun activities, trips and entertainment for children and young people with special needs to take part in along side their peers. We are based at Steyning school, Rock Road, Storrington (weeks 1&2 of summer holidays) and Oak Grove College, Worthing (weeks 3 & 4 of summer holidays).
What we do:
- We offer a wide range of accessible trips, in-house entertainers and activities for our children/young people to engage with.
- Our provision is based on fun and engaging children/young people in a wide range of new experiences they may not have had the chance to experience before.
- We have more than 20 adult volunteers on site each day, many of whom have many years of experience in working with children/young people with special and complex needs.
- We offer transport to trips away from CCPS venues to make the provision more accessible.
- To access the service children/young people must have an EHCP and be in receipt of higher level DLA.
Our users say:
"CCPS is an excellent play scheme, my son loves going every year and can't wait for the summer to come"