Carousel is an award winning arts company that facilitates people with a learning disability to reach their potential in the arts. We currently work with learning disabled artists to work in film, music, radio and to run events.
What we do:
- Blue Camel Club - a club night for people with a learning disability by people with a learning disability. Run four times a year in Brighton Dome's Corn Exchange.
- Oska Bright Film Festival - Carousel's biennial international film festival celebrates films made by learning disabled filmmakers.
- Short projects - we run a variety of shorter projects for people to gain experience in the arts. These include DJ, comedy and radio projects.
- Rock House - a monthly gig where learning disabled musicians own the stage! Shared between two venues in Brighton and run in collaboration with Constant Flux.
- Join the team! Our bands, choir, radio show, festival team and club committee regularly recruit for new members to join them.
Our users say:
Thank you and all those at Carousel for all the wonderful opportunities you have given Matthew to express himself, to gain confidence, to grow and really blossom as an individual and unique person! - Parent of Oska Bright Team Member