Barnardo's provides a range of services for children and young people. We hold the child at the centre of all we do, whether that be foster care, home support, short breaks or supporting young people at risk of sexual exploitation. All these services are delivered across Sussex. Within West Sussex we deliver interventions for those at risk of sexual exploitation and across East Sussex we deliver short breaks and home support.
What we do:
- Child Sexual Exploitation can affect any young person and our B You project provides a 1.1 service for young people to protect them from sexual exploitation including online abuse and harm.
- Brighton Link Plus project provides a variety of support for Children with Disabilities, awarded Outstanding by Ofsted in our foster care provision. Although the services are based in Brighton we do have a spot purchase placement in West Sussex.
- Brighton Link Project provides services for home support for children with disabilities: a person to support you in your own home. We match the person to you so you can build a trusting relationship with them.
- Short breaks are delivered by Brighton Link project and our Surrey project. Families are matched to a carer to provide consistency and enables a good relationship to develop which is important for both children and parents.
- Our Moving Forward Project in Surrey provides a weekly group for young people with disabilities. This is geared towards young people becoming independent and learning the skills they need to move on in life.
Our users say:
One parent wrote " My children love and trust our support worker, they are happy and comfortable with her. " I am 100% confident in our support worker, she is flexible and completely understands my families needs"