West Sussex County Council and the National Health Service have recently developed and launched a film aimed at professionals to raise awareness about family and friend carers.
Please watch the 'Think Carer' Video here:
|Think Carer||A Call to Action|
|Film length||5 minutes|
|This video is for||Any professional likely to come into contact with family and friends carers as part of their role. Both Adult Services and Children and Young Peoples Services. Family and friends carers come from all ages and backgrounds:
|Summary||This video is a call to action. It aims to make the identification and signposting of family and friends carers your business.
The health and social care system relies hugely on family and friends carers and society as a whole owes them a great deal.
Caring can sometimes however come at a cost to the carer; that is why we have a range of information and support services available to enable effective caring and support carer health and wellbeing.
“It felt strange being called a carer. I am supposed to be looking after him, but when I read things about carers I thought that all fits me”. Young adult carer
The stars in this video are West Sussex carers. Listen to their messages and after viewing, consider your personal/team/services role in linking family and friends carers to information and support.
|Learning Outcomes||If you apply what you have learnt in this video you will be able to;
- Mental Health
- Sleep Game - New game to help families get a good night's sleep ( An increased number of children are being diagnosed with sleep disorders)
- Learning and Development Gateway
- Early Years support for settings
- Educational Psychology Service
- Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service (EMTAS)
- EMTAS Online Training Offer
- School Govenors
- Sensory Support
- Personal Assistants (Pa's)
- Chichester College VQS's level 2 courses
- The Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities Core and Essential Service Standards