Welcome blog: Strategic Co-production Week in West Sussex 2019
Welcome to Co-production Week 2019
Week commencing Monday 25th March 2019
Co-production means that children, young people and parent carers are truly involved in planning and designing services from the very beginning.
We know that communities benefit from much better services, suited to their needs, where co-production happens.
Please watch this video below by 'Spice', to find out about co-production in more detail:
West Sussex County Council have been working with the Parent Carer Forum since 2008. Last year, there was a co-production month to celebrate the strategic co-production that had been achieved so far, whilst also acknowledging the work that still needs to be done. To see our blog from last year please click here.
- This year, it was decided that we would dedicate a week in March to continue to:
- - celebrate positive work that has been co-produced
- - reflect on the work that we hoped to achieve since last year
- - deliver a message of continued commitment and assurance from those that influence the work and ethos of the County Council
We will also work with Adults’ Services to raise awareness of good practice. Examples include the ‘co-production principles’, which were designed with Adults’ customers, carers and partners and will underpin the way we together to develop shared solutions.
Co-production Case Studies
'Young People' Case Studies - Young Voices 4 You is a project for 14 to 25 year olds supported by Rachel, SEND Participation Lead at West Sussex County Council. The youth ambassadors go out into the community to work with services and give their feedback . They share what’s good and their ideas for change.
To read a couple of case studies click here.
Also, to see feedback from young people that were involved in the work, click here.
During Co-production week, follow the West Sussex Parent Carer Forum and Local Offer Facebook and Twitter channels for updates.
This page will continually be updated as co-production week approaches. We will also be reporting on what is happening during this week through updates on this page, and through social media.
- Accessibility Strategy
- SEND Early Years Consultation October 2020
- SEND Strategy 2019- 2024
- SEND Strategy 2016-2019
- SEND Pathways to Adulthood Strategy
- Special Provision Capital Fund Plan
- Record of Views of Parent carers and young people gathered at Pathways to Adulthood strategy consultations
- Framework for the Development and Sustainability of Co-Production (coproduction)
- Local Authorities Local Offer: What West Sussex County Council expects education settings to offer (area wide offer)
- Welcome blog: Strategic Co-Production Month in West Sussex 2018 (Coproduction)