SEND Strategy 2019- 2024
Page Updated: 24th December 2020
This page contains the final Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and Inclusion Strategy for 2019-2024. Within this page will also be any updates and reports that concern the SEND and Inclusion strategy. An easy read version of the document will become available once it has been produced. This page works best in browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. To access more information click the arrows to expand the text.
- Read the final Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and Inclusion Strategy for 2019-2024
- Read the easy read version of the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and Inclusion Strategy for 2019-2024
Tell us what you think
Have Your Say surveys open throughout January on the Inclusion Framework, the Ordinarily Available Inclusive Practice (OAIP) guide and Tools for Schools.
At the beginning of the autumn term, the following resources entered the ‘pilot’ phase of their development:
We need to know what you think of these three resources so we can continue to develop and improve them. Your feedback will be anonymised and then reviewed by task and finish groups made up of West Sussex schools, early years and post 16 settings, parent carers and local authority officers.
Please follow the links to ‘Have Your Say’ online surveys below, which are running from 4 January to 29 January.
We appreciate you have had a very different start to the academic year and may not have had time to explore these resources in detail. For this reason, we have designed three separate surveys, one for each resource. Each survey should take no more than 10 minutes of your time to complete.
Please feel free to complete the most relevant survey(s) to your school or setting.
Similar surveys will be repeated at the beginning of the summer term.
We look forward to getting your feedback!
Bella Cobby, SEND and Inclusion Development Manager and Maryanne Woodland, Senior Educational Psychologist
SEND Strategy Board Meeting Notes
September 2020 Documents
May 2020 Documents
January 2020 Documents
Updates before the final SEND Strategy was released
Have your say on SEND and Inclusion Draft Strategy 2019-24
SEND & Inclusion Newsletter
You can view all past SEND & Inclusion Newsletters on the Local Offer SEND & Inclusion Newsletter web page
- Accessibility Strategy
- Early Years SEND Consultation 2020
- SEND Strategy 2016-2019
- SEND Pathways to Adulthood Strategy
- Special Provision Capital Fund Plan
- Record of Views of Parent carers and young people gathered at Pathways to Adulthood strategy consultations
- Framework for the Development and Sustainability of Co-Production (coproduction)
- Local Authorities Local Offer: What West Sussex County Council expects education settings to offer (area wide offer)
- Welcome blog: Strategic Co-Production Month in West Sussex 2018 (Coproduction)
- Welcome blog: Strategic Co-production Week in West Sussex 2019