SEND Strategy 2019- 2024
*** UPDATE 17/12/2019 ***
As part of the SEND and Inclusion Strategy we are keen to hear the view of schools, education settings, pupils and parent carers.
A short film has been made capturing some thinking on inclusion, a sample of the SEND strategies schools are using and how schools and settings work with each other and professionals to meet the needs of pupils.
We would encourage you to join our conversation and get involved in the delivery of the SEND and Inclusion Strategy by emailing [email protected]
*** UPDATE 15/07/2019 ***
Read the SEND Inclusion Strategy Consultation Response here
*** UPDATE 09/07/2019 ***
A letter has been issued about the proposed SEND and Inclusion Strategy 2019-2024 from Richard Burrett, Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, Paul Wagstaff, Director for Education and Skills and Helen Johns, Head of Inclusion and SEND.
Have your say - SEND and Inclusion Strategy 2019-2024
The West Sussex draft Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Inclusion Strategy has been published for comment. To view and comment on the strategy visit www.westsussex.gov.uk/SEND2019
Please share with all that may be interested and encourage them to comment on the proposals. The consultation ends Friday 14 June 2019.
The draft SEND and Inclusion Strategy has been co-produced during the spring term 2019, with a wide representation of stakeholders – more than 150 people have participated in the development workshops and events. The stakeholders have included parent carers, young people, education providers and other professionals from across social care, health and education. Together, we have identified the key work priority areas which are outlined in the strategy.
This draft strategy is a starting point that will be refined and further developed in response to feedback.
- Accessibility Strategy
- SEND Strategy 2016-2019
- SEND Pathways to Adulthood Strategy
- Special Provision Capital Fund Plan
- Record of Views of Parent carers and young people gathered at Pathways to Adulthood strategy consultations
- Framework for the Development and Sustainability of Co-Production (coproduction)
- Local Authorities Local Offer: What West Sussex County Council expects education settings to offer (area wide offer)
- Welcome blog: Strategic Co-Production Month in West Sussex 2018 (Coproduction)
- Welcome blog: Strategic Co-production Week in West Sussex 2019